Parsons School of Design
Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA), Photography, Class of 2017
Selected Exhibitions; Events; Publications:
article about artist talk at National Gallery West for Jamaicans.com, January 2019
- “Colour Theory,” group exhibition at Blank Space, Kingston, Jamaica. January 22-24.
- Exhibiting artist at “Kingston Creative Art Walk,” Kingston, Jamaica: January 27.
- “Vibestyle Sessions: February 2,” group art and music show at The Spot, U.W.I. Mona, Kingston, Jamaica. February.
-"February First Thursday - Creative Debuts x Ello," month-long group show at Black and White Building; Shoreditch, London, U.K. February.
-“A Women’s Herstory Celebration,” group show at Basquiat’s Bottle; Brooklyn, NY. March.
-“Artw0rks: Open Mic + Art Show” at Hotel RL, Brooklyn, NY. April 30.
- Taught an Introduction to Photography Class for “BUST School for Creative Living” for BUST Magazine’s Craftacular event in Brookyln, NY on May 12.
- “Three Days in Eden,” Art Jam at Ten Point 5ive at Peckham Levels; London, U.K. May 16.
- Exhibiting artist at “Kingston Creative Art Walk,” Kingston, Jamaica: June 24, July 29, October 28, November 25.
- Mural artist for two murals for Skate Gully paint project in Bull Bay, St. Andrew, Jamaica. July and August.
- Live painting for UN Human Rights Day with Edna Manley College at Emancipation Park, Kingston, Jamaica. December.
-"Black Boy Feelings Book Preview," preview event, art and music showcase for Black Boy Feelings Volume 1: Boyhood; World Money Gallery; Brooklyn, NY. January.
-"Black Boy Feelings Release Party," release party, art and music showcase for Black Boy Feelings Volume 1: Boyhood; Babycastles; New York, NY. April.
-"Parsons BFA Senior Thesis Exhibition," group show at Milk Gallery; New York, NY. May.
-"East New York in Bloom," group show at ARTs East NY Gallery; Brooklyn, NY. May.
-"Sankofa Sessions: July 11 - Groundings," reading and multimedia exhibition with Iset Sankofa at Stones Throw; Kingston, Jamaica. July.
-"Lunch Time Lyme Series: Black Boy Feelings with Jeana Lindo," reading at the National Library of Jamaica; Kingston, Jamaica. July.
-"Brotha," month-long group show at The Overlook gallery in Chicago, IL. Featured in the Chicago Tribune. August 17, 2017. Photography also used in promotional materials for the exhibition.
-"(under)REPRESENT(ed)," month-long group show at Aronson Gallery at Parsons School of Design; New York, NY. October.
-"Treble Tuesdays with Holyrad Studio," group show at Elsewhere Space; Brooklyn, NY. October.
-Target First Saturday at the Brooklyn Museum: February 2016. Portrait of Latasha Alcindor by Jeana Lindo on printed materials for event.
-“Beauty Undefined,” gallery showing/charity event for survivors of human trafficking with Beauty for Freedom; Gallery 51; New York, NY. March.
-“PhotoFeast Pin-Up Show,” group show at Parsons, The New School; New York, NY. April.
-"Interpretation: Monumental Public Space & the Human," group exhibition; The StateHermitage Museum. St. Petersburg, Russia. June.
-“Antique Black,” group show at artist studio; New York, NY. September.
slideshow of backstage photos from Dennis Basso show on TeenVogue.com, September 2016
- These Designers Are Taking Over NYFW, and They Haven't Even Graduated From College Yet”, writing and photos for article on TeenVogue.com, September 14, 2016
-Photo Assistant to Tyler Mitchell for State of the Union editorial spread in Nylon's November 2016 print issue.
-"Farewell to the Upper West Side Concert, Curated, Hosted, and Conducted by Nell Flanders," group exhibiton at Mannes School of Music; New York, NY. April.
-Afrofuturism Conference 2015. The New School. Work included in group exhibition; New York, NY. May.
- Adorama student photo contest finalist. New York, NY. July.
-"Thugs & Elegant Black Ladies," solo exhibition at TunnelVision Gallery; Brooklyn, NY. August.
-“New Caribbean Cinema Film Screening: Ring Di Alarm,” short film screening and Q & A session with Storm Saulter organized by Jeana Lindo at The New School; New York, NY. November.
-“Sehiii Live,” featured artist at Sehiii Gallery for the week of November 18, 2015; Brooklyn, NY.
-“Lost Kids Photography Exhibition,” group show at HolyRad Studio; Brooklyn, NY. November.
-“Welcome Home,” charity event for homeless youth with Safe Horizon at The New School; New York, NY. December.
Books, Magazines, Selected Blogs:
- “Elegant Black Ladies,” book by Jeana Lindo. released October 2015.
-“This Photography Student Wants To Empower the ‘Carefree Black Girl’ With Her New Book,” featured article on okayafrica.com, November 5, 2015
-“They are Precious Beyond Measure: Through Her Lens,” blog post on beautyforfreedom.org, April 2016
-“Kid Reporter Marianne Nacanaynay Interviews Jeana Lindo on Elegant Black Ladies, Photography and Racism”, article on indykids.org, a news website written by children and teens, March 25, 2016
- "Black Boy Feelings - Volume 1: Boyhood," compiled by Richard Bryan and Jeana Lindo. released January 2017.
-”HEY, YOU’RE COOL! RICHARD BRYAN AND JEANA LINDO” , article on Mass Appeal, April 13, 2017
- “Black Boy Feelings Book Leaves Toxic Concepts Of Black Masculinity Behind”, article on Huffington Post Black Voices, April 13, 2017
- MEET: Jeana Lindo, feature on LOUD Lotus, April 13, 2017
-”'Black Boy Feelings' Explores The Emotions Of Young Black Men Through Diverse Art”, article on Blavity, April 18, 2017
-This new book explores black men’s feelings on masculinity and boyhood, article on PBS Newshour, April 28, 2017
-'blackboyfeelings' combats toxic stereotypes through art, article on i-D, May 8, 2017
-Talking Representation, Masculinity and Emotional Expression With the Creators of "Black Boy Feelings", article on Paper, July 18, 2017
-Summer Portfolio: Jeana Lindo, feature on Musee Magazine, August 3, 2017